Tuesday 17 February 2015

Domori Sambirano Madagascar 70

picture from chocolatetradingco
This Madagascar is made from the same region my cocoa beans are from: Sambirano

The chocolate had a surprising roasted aroma, not fruity, there was rich chocolate, slightly metallic, and ... butterscotch
The texture was sensationally smooth, but I expected no less from Domori. The taste was chocolate, roasted, hazelnut and almond, a slight sourness at the back. I recognised a 'Feast' ice cream. This chocolate was creamy in taste and, as you can tell by my Feast analogy, it was not that sophisticated. The finish had me thinking of a particular coconut and cherry moist biscuit (if I really have had such thing) with a taint of coffee
I don't mean to sound boastful, but I think I achieved a better flavour with these cocoa beans ...

No comments:

Post a Comment